-
November 14th, 2005, 01:03 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Yup, both books are public domain.
I would love to make a Mary doll. I think I'd have to go with the 93 movie version, though, and not the book, simply because I saw the movie long before I read the book, and watch it constantly, whereas I just read the book about once or twice a year. I don't think any of the current AGTs look enough like how I picture her. That Kaya face mold would be *perfect*, IMO. I'd love a doll with that mold, light brown/dirty blonde hair, eye color really wouldn't matter.
I like the 93 Secret Garden's beginning, I think it's an improvement upon the book (didn't think I would ever say that about any book made into a movie!). Especially for young kids who aren't going to a) know any better, or b) know what cholera even is. I also think this just makes more sense. It gives Mary an air of indifference, instead of plain old brattyness (but they soon fix that!). And it quickly moves the story into the next scene, the other movie versions take too long because they focus on that for 10+ minutes. The old one with Margaret O'Brien comes to mind.
Jordyn, you might want to look into getting an older PM green eyed doll. My AGT (in my avatar) is PM and her eyes, although still neon, seem much less bright than the current Felicity eyes. I think those eyes would look gorgeous with black hair. I was very tempted to get a black wig for that doll when I rewigged her, but I was so set on red! Good luck if you ever decide to make Sara, and post pics if you do!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks